|Destination: Rainbow Mountain||Altitude: Max. 5,100 m.|
|Activity: Trek||Length: 6D/5N|
|Min. people: 2 pax||Physical Grading: 4/5|
Cusco – Rainbow Mountain – Ausangate
Ausangate Mountain is the highest mountain in Cusco Region With an elevation of 6,384 masl. or 20944 is a mountain of the Vilcanota mountain range in the of Peru. Situated around 100 kilometres southeast of Cusco in the Cusco Region, The Ausangate Trek for most of hikers is the hardest hike in all Peru, due every day you hike over 4000 masl = 13123 ft. Until to reach the highest point in the Ausangate Pass 5200 masl. 17060 ft. This is the perfect Hike for people who love to challenge themselves, and also for those people who enjoy the tranquility and the remotest landscapes that the Peruvian Andes has to offer. You can do this hike from 6 dyas also in 7 days where apart from visiting the Apu Ausangate we will also visit the Rainbow Mountain. Don’t stay without doing the Ausangate Trek take advantage and book now this hike, Andean Hikers Peru is waiting for you!
Price US$ 600.00 per person
Day #1: CUSCO – TINKI – UPIS
We will pick you up from your accommodation in Cusco in the morning in between 4:30 to 5:00 am. Then we travel in our private van for 3 hours until to arrive to Tinki (Trailhead = 3800 masl = 12467 ft.) which is a small village, in here we are going to take our delicious breakfast where you will have on the table hot drinks like: coffee, coca tea, hot chocolate, also you we have pancakes, omelets, bread, eggs, butter, etc. On the table. After breakfast we have to walk for about 4 hours to ge our first campsite Upis (4400 masl = 14435 ft.) along the way we will have a great wiew of the Ausangate snow capped mountain which is the highest mountain here in Cusco Region. Once we get at Upis we can enjoy the Natural hotspring at Upis with a spectacular view of the Apu Ausangate. After enjoying this hotspring our chef with our horseman will be waiting for us with our delicious dinner. Then our tents and confortable airmattress will be waiting for us to dreaming with the Rainbow Mountain.
Walking distance: 10km = 6,2 miles
Campsite Altitude: Upis 4400 masl.= 14435 ft.
Physical Grading: 3/5
Day #2: UPIS – PUKA COCHA LAKE – HANANTA CAMPSITE
After our delicious and nutritious breakfast we have to continue our trek, this day we will walk for about 7 hours unitl to reach our second campsite (Hananta 4740 masl = 15551 ft.) today also, we will have some of the best view of the Ausangate snow Capped Mountain. Along the trail we will have the oportunity to see small streams, lakes and waterfalls, also we will have the opportunity to apreciate the Flora and Fauna of the Peruvian Andes, we could see wild Alpacas, vicuñas, llamas, guienea pigs, in flora we will observe eucalyptus and pine trees, after 3 hours walking we will arrive to the beautiful lake of Puka Cocha, where we can refresh and take a break enjoying the view and the waters of this beautiful lake. After this stop we have to continue walking for about 4 more hours until to ge tour next campsite, we arrive at Hananta around 5 pm, where we are going to instal our tents, kitchent tent, mattress and so on. After a long walk Finally we will recharge energy with our great and varied dinner, hot drinks will be availables.
Walking distance: 18km = 11 miles
Campsite Altitude: Hananta 4740 masl.= 15551 ft.
Physical Grading: 4/5
Day #3: HANANTA CAMPSITE – RAINBOW MOUNTAIN – AUSANGATE LAKE
This day we will take breakfast very early in the morning to gain time and reach the Amazing Rainbow Mountain before the visitors from Cusco arrive daily. This day we will walk for about 8 to 9 hours in total this day for most hikers it’s the longest and hardest day of the whole trek. From Hananta, it takes around 3 hours to get to the Rainbow Mountain. Once we get the Rainbow Mountain (5100 masl = 16404 ft.) your guide will be in charge to explain you about this Amazing and imposing artwork created by nature, where you will learn about the process of formation, the natural minerals that form the colors of the rainbow in this mountain and everything concerning this beauty of the world. After spent 1 or 2 hours at this mountain, we have to start the wayback to our next campsite Ausangate Lake (4650 masl = 15255 ft.) we will walk back for around 5 more hours until to get to Ausangate Lake where our suculent, delicious and varied dinner will be waiting for us to recharge all energy spent doing this long day. Then our tents will be ready to warm us and have a nice sleep.
Walking distance: 24 km = 15 miles
Campsite Altitude: Ausangate Lake 4650 masl.= 15255 ft.
Physical Grading: 5/5
Day #4: AUSANGATE LAKE – PALOMANI PASS – JAMPA PAMPA
This day we we walk for about 6 hours. After our breakfast we have to prepare to go toward the Palomani Pass (5200 masl = 17060 ft.) this day will be a stunning morning’s walk as we hike with the great Ausangate Mountain on our left hand side; we’ll pass clear glacial lakes, and, if we are lucky, herds of wild alpacas, vicuñas and local llamas. First uphill is until to get Apacheta Pass (4600 masl = 15091ft.) From here we ascend to the Palomani Pass (5200 meters/ 17060 ft.): we have now attained the highest point of the trek. As we cross the pass, we will be confronted with spectacular views of the southeast mountain range, including the peaks of Mariposa and Caracol. From the pass we follow the trail into the valley, where we’ll rest and we will take our delicious lunch. During the afternoon we can enjoy views of the snow capped of Tres Picos and Puca Punta. Then We will continue through the broad green valley of Jampa Pampa (4650 masl. = 15255 ft.) Where we will spend Night and where our chef will be waiting for us with our hot and delicious dinner.
Walking distance: 14 km = 8,6 miles
Campsite Altitude: Jampa Pampa 4650 masl.= 15255 ft.
Physical Grading: 4/5
Day #5: JAMPA PAMPA – JAMPA PASS – PACCHANTA
After passing through the small community of Jampa, we will head northwest to the last pass of this hike, the Jampa pass (5005 masl. =16420 ft.). We will see several different colored lakes and we will take lunch beside beautiful blue green Lake Ticococha (4870 masl. = 15977 ft.) We will then hike for several hours before arriving at the small village of Pacchanta. (4300 masl. = 14107 ft.) This was traditionally a small high altitude herding village like many others in the region. However, with the arrival of tourism, the village has adapted its activities to include demonstrations of their style of living and creation of weavings for visitors. Here in Pacchanta We can enjoy the natural hot springs for a couple of hours, and even down a well deserved beer. This is certainly an amazing photo opportunity with Apu Ausangate as a backdrop. We will set up camp near Pacchanta and you will have the afternoon free to explore this intriguing Andean village.
Walking distance: 14 km = 8,6 miles
Campsite Altitude: Pacchanta 4300 masl.= 14107 ft.
Physical Grading: 4/5
Day #6: PACCHANTA – TINKI – CUSCO
After our delicious last breakfast, It’s in this day where the great job of our horseman and chefs ends. Usually we do a ceremony of farewell of our horseman and chef where you can say thanks to them for their great job also in here you can say good bye to them and if you wish to give some tips for them you can do it at this moment. Then we need to walk the 4 last hours to get to Tinki where our van will be waiting for us to go back to Cusco, arriving in Cusco around 5:00 pm. Your guide will take care of leaving you at the door of your accommodation in Cusco.
Walking distance: 10km = 6,2 miles
Physical Grading: 2/5
- Bilingual and certified Tour Guide.
- A briefing about the trek with your guide the day before
- Pick up from your accomodation
- Private transport to the Trail Head
- Andean ceremony, offering to the mother earth on the Salkantay Pass
- Entrance ticktes to Machupicchu
- A night hotel at Aguas Calientes (private room, wifi, hot shower, cable Tv.)
- Turistic train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Private Transport from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Four season tents (2 people in each one) you will have enough space.
- Camping equipments (Kitchen tent, portable chairs and table )
- Air mattresses
- 3 Meals per day during the trek (food served in a buffet style)
- Professional Cook
- Snack for each day of trekking
- Boiled water to drink for the 3 first days
- availability of meals to your preference (vegetarian, vegan, pesquetarian, etc)
- Horses or mules and muleteer to carry camping equipments and cooking stuff
- A duffel bag where you can put inside 10 kilos from your personal stuff (it will be carry by the horses or mules)
- First Aid Kit, with Oxigen ballon.
- Extra expense if you want to buy things along the trek
- Entrance fees to Waynapicchu Mountain or Montaña Machupicchu.(it has an extra cost of 25 dollars per person)
- Sleeping bags (you can rent from us which cost 25 dollars for a professional one, which can support until -15 °C or 5 °F)
- Walking sticks ( you can rent from us which cost 25 dollars for a professional black diamond pair)
- Mineral water (you can buy bottle of mineral water in everycampsite)
- Break fast and last lunch and dinner.
- Entrances fees to the Natural hot spring of Santa Teresa (10 soles per person)
- Transport to go to the Natural hotspring of Santa Teresa (40 soles per person)
- Bus up and down from Aguas Calientes to Machu Pichu ( Round trip bus cost 24 dollars but just one way cost 12 dollars)
- Upgrade your Turistic Train to a Luxury Vistadome Train to Ollantaytambo (70 $)
- Horse to ride or to carry extra backpacks (120 dollars per horse or mule)
- Tips for the team ( Is not obligatory but if you wish to do it, it will be welcome)
You Need to Bring
YOU NEED TO BRING
- Original Passport
- Student Card
- Travel Insurance card (you have to le tus know the name of your Travel Insurance company and you travel Insurance number
- Day Pack
- Rain coat or Rain Poncho
- Cold Clothes (For the first and Second day)
- Waterproof hiking shoes
- Bottle of Water
- Flash Light
- Toilet Paper
- Sun Block
- Sun Glasses
- Caps or Hats
- Gloves (for the first and second day)
- Insect Repellent (50% DEET Recommended)
- Sleeping Bags
- Walking sticks
- Rain Pants
- Medicines for Personal Use
- Personal use stuff (Face moisturizer, Handsanitizer, Toothbrush and paste,etc)
- Water Purifying Tablets
- Camera with extra bateries
- extra money, especially in soles, to buy extra necessities during the trekking, also to tip the team.
CONSIDERATIONS: Most of items mentioned above you can put them in your duffel bag that we will provide you, you will only need to walk with your day daypack with less heavy things.
OUR FIXED PRICES 2018 – 2019 IN A SHARING GROUP UP TO 10 PEOPLE
|2 people group||US$ 600.00 per person|
|3 people group||US$ 550.00 per person|
|4 people group||US$ 500.00 per person|
|5 people to more||US$ 450.00 per person|
OUR FIXED PRICES 2018- 2019 IN PRIVATE GROUP ONLY FOR YOU AND YOUR PARTY
|2 people group||US$ 750.00 per person|
|3 people group||US$ 700.00 per person|
|4 people group||US$ 650.00 per person|
|5 people to more||US$ 600.00 per person|
Terms and Conditions
ANDEAN HIKERS PERU TERMS & CONDITIONS
– CUSTOMERS: Dear passenger, we all in Andean Hikers Peru are very happy for chosen us to be part of your experience discovering Peru with us and according to Peruvian travel regulations, when booking a tour or trek with Andean Hikers Peru. You automatically adhere to these regulations which may differ a little from your country of origin, but we as a 100% local company based in Cusco Peru we try to give you the best service possible and continuously improving in each our tours. Please read carefully the terms and conditions of this document described below.
1) ABOUT RESERVATIONS:
Please to have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Andean Hikers Peru, you need to fill out the booking form of the tour, trek or program you wish to book, with all the personal informations of all the participants that will form your Group, Including the following informations: Full name as it appears on your Passport, (nicknames are not accepted) Passport number,(if you change your Passport number after booking a tour please le tus know), age, nationality, pone number, gender, email, feeding. Flight dates, time to arrival in Cusco or other city that covers the reserved tour, allergies, medical restrictions, or anything else you think necessary that we should know.
2) ABOUT DEPOSITS
Please to have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Andean Hikers Peru, you need to send us a deposit as follows:
– For any Alternative Trek = 200 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu = 200 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain = 270 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Amazon Jungle Trip = 200 $ american dollars per person
– For any Peru Package = 40 % of the total Price of the Package.
– For any other tour = 200 $ american dollars per person.
Note: All deposits to formalize a tour, trek or a program are not refundable or transferable to another person.
3) ABOUT PAYMENT METHODS
Andean Hikers Peru offer 3 payment methods to make your deposit or to pay the balance of the total Price of the tour, trek or program booked,
– Paypal; you need to add 10 % of the total amoung paid. through this method you can use all credits and debit cards. Remember using this method it takes 10 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
– Visa; you need to Click on our Visa link and follow the steps and you need to add 6 % of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit Visa cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 03 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account
– Wester Union Money Transfer; you can use this method if you want to save time and if you want to act as son as possible to have a tour, trek or program very well booked, this method is recomendable when booking the Inca Trail due spaces for this are sold very fast, WU. Has rates for sending money abroad the rates depend on the country from which you are sending the money. Remember to send a deposit through WU. You need to send it under the name of a person, please contact us if you want to use this payment method to send your deposit.
4) ABOUT THE FINAL PAYMENT
You can do your final payment, 15 days before your starting date of your tour, trek or program, you can use one of the 3 payment methods described above, also you can pay your final payment 5 days before your starting date here in Cusco, it can be in cash, credit or debit cards.
Note: Once you paid the final payment of the total Price, if for some reason you decide to cancel you tour, trek or program, you will only be refunded 50 % of the final payment.
5) ABOUT CANCELLATIONS
At any time, the customer / buyer may cancel the services requested or contracted, without the right to any refund of the deposit made. The customer only has the right to reimbursement of 50 percent if he made the final payment of the total price. According to our experience a certain percentage of reservations are canceled by the client before starting the program due to unforeseen circumstances. The penalties for cancellations is detailed below.
For the Inca Trail: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will haveto pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail based in 2 people is 650 $ per person, so the 60% = 390 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 390 $ – 200 = 190 $
For Alternative Treks: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any alternative trek, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the cost for the Salkantay Trek based in 2 people is 450 $ per person, so the 50% = 225 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ the penalty will be 225 $ – 150 = 75 $
For Peru Packages: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any Peru Package, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example if some Peru Package based in 2 people cost 1500 $ per person, so the 50% = 750 $ if you sent a deposit of 40% of the total price in this case will be 600 $ so the penalty will be 750 $ – 600 = 150 $
For any other Tour or Program: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any other tour or program, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the Machu Picchu by Train 2D/1N based in 2 people cost 480 $ per person, so the 50% = 240 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ so the penalty will be 240 $ – 150 = 90 $
Note: you have until 15 days before the start date of your tour to make any type of cancellation mentioned above. after 15 days if you wish to make any type of cancellation of your tour you will have to pay the total price of the tour, trek or program booked.
6) ABOUT FORCE MAJEURE We will retain the full amount and we are not responsible for failure to submit the customer on account of delay or cancellation of your flight. The company is not liable for damage to or loss of luggage, accidents, unforeseen expenses, and unavoidable delays, services provided by third parties or direct causes beyond our control. In the unfortunate event of no show due to unforeseen reasons, the company will provide a certificate to the client for processing with your insurance company. This is any event that Andean Hikers Peru cannot, even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Andean Hikers Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
7) ABOUT RISKS By booking any of our tour, trek or program (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Ausangate Trek, Choquequirao Trek, Lares Trek, Manu Jungle Trips and more) you assume the risks associated with these tours, treks or programs, Andean Hikers Peru Company accepts no responsibility associated with the risks that these tours, walks or programs may have. (Accidents, strikes, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others) in addition, Andean Hikers Peru we exonerate ourselves from liability in relation to legal matters or other inconveniences in which the Custoomer may be involved, as well as personal expenses incurred by the passenger for this cause.
8) ABOUT PRICES AND RATES
All prices and rates presented to the customer / buyer in our website are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notice. Restrictions and conditions apply for each tariff published according to its validity.
9) ABOUT CUSTOMER RESPONSABILITY
Responsibilities and demonstrations of the Custoomer: a) Verify that your passport has a minimum validity required for your trip according to the country of destination. b) The Customer declares that he has no restriction on leaving the country for criminal offenses, as provided in Peruvians Laws. c) declare to have been informed and to have received, understood and accepted all the Terms, conditions and restrictions on services and products provided by andean hikers peru. d) Accept in full these terms and conditions.
10) ABOUT ANDEAN HIKERS PERU RESPONSABILITY
Andean Hikers Peru are responsible for complying with everything offered in our tours, treks, programs and tourist packages, described on our website, in addition to giving all the information required by the client. In case of force majeure, Andean Hikers Peru, will do everything in our power to help their clients to solve any inconvenience.
11) ABOUT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Andean hikers Peru, reserves the right to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.