|Destination: Machu Picchu||Altitude: Max. 2,400 m.|
|Activity: Trekking||Some Title: Classic Inca Trail|
|Min. people: 2 pax||Physical Grading: 3/5|
Cusco – Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu
The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (also known as Camino Inca) is the most famous Hike in Peru which terminates at Machu Picchu. Hikers normally take four or five days to complete the “Classic Inca Trail” but a two-day trek from Km 104 is also possible. The highest mountain pass is Warmiwañusqa (“dead woman”) located at 4200 masl = 13779 ft. Concern about overuse leading to erosion has led the Peruvian government to place a limit on the number of people who may hike this trail per season, and to sharply limit the companies that can provide guides. As a result, advance booking is mandatory. A maximum of 500 people are allowed on the trail each day, of which only 200 are trekkers, the rest being guides and porters. As a result, the high season books out very quickly. Don’t stay without doing the famous Inca trail to Machupicchu take advantage and book now this trek, Andean Hikers Peru is waiting for you!
Price US$ 500.00 per person
Day #1: CUSCO – Km. 104 – AGUAS CALIENTES
We will pick you up, from your accommodation around 4:00 am. to go the train station of Ollantaytambo, where we are going to take the train until to get the Km.104 where we are going to start our trek, the first part we will walk for about 3 hours until to reach to the Amazing Inca ruins of Wiñaywayna, (forever Young) at 2600 masl or 8530 ft. In here you will have a interesting explanation from your guide about this site, where you will have the opportunity to appreciate the Inca architecture like; water fountains, terraces, temples and so on, after this visit we continue hiking to the sungate (Inti Punku), as we make our way to Machu Picchu from the Sungate we can appreciate the beatiful landscape of the cloud forest where you can see small but beautiful waterfalls, also we can see many plants like orchids, palms, and we also can see birds like hummingbirds, cock of the rock. Sometimes we have opportunity to see the great spectacled bear. Once we get Aguas Calientes we will check in, to our Hotel and after we settled in our hotel, we will have a dinner in a local restaurant, during this dinner your guide will give you a briefing for the visit to Machupicchu the next morning.
Walking distance: 07km = 4,3 miles
Higher Points: Huaynapicchu 2700 masl.= 8800 ft.
Machupicchu Mountain 3200 masl = 10500 ft.
Physical Grading: 3/5
Weather: Humid and hot.
Day #2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU – OLLANTAYTAMBO – CUSCO
This is the most important day because you will visit the beautiful and Amazing citadel of Machu Picchu, this day we will wake up very eraly in the morning to walk up toward Machu Picchu for about 1h 40 min. You can take a bus up to Machupicchu if you wish (bus up is not included) Machu Picchu opens at 6:00 am and the mystical sunrise from the mountain surrounding Machu Picchu start around 6:30 am, after seeing the sunrise you will have a guided tour for around 2h30 min. where your guide will explain you the main places of Machupicchu, after this is the end of the guide’s job. it’s at this momento where the guide say goodbye to everybody. After this you can explore Machu Picchu by your own, and if you have the excursión to the Huaynapicchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain you have to do it, but depends What time is your starting hour of your excursión to these Mountains. (Huyanapicchu Mountain and Machu Picchu Mountain is optional you need to le tus know in advance if you wish to climb up one of these mountains). You need to go out from Machu Picchu at 12:00 pm. and go to Aguas Calientes where you can take Lunch in a Local Restaurant (optional not included). After this you can explore Aguas Calientes and wait for your train to Ollantaytambo, it takes 2 hours by train to Ollantaytambo where our transport will be waiting for you to take you back to Cusco. we leave you in your hotel or near to this. About the train we will provide you the turistic class train, the train departure times can be in between 2:00 pm to 8:30 pm. it depends of the availability of the sapces.
Physical Grading: 2/5
Meals included: Breakfast in the Hotel.
Weather: Humid and hot.
- Bilingual and certified Tour Guide
- All Permits for the Inca Trail
- A briefing about the trek with your guide the day before
- Pick up from your accomodation
- Private transport to the Trail Head
- Entrance ticktes to Machupicchu
- A night hotel at Aguas Calientes (private room, wifi, hot shower, cable Tv.)
- Survivor T – shirt, for each Hiker
- Turistic train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Private Transport from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Availability of meals to your preference (vegetarian, vegan, pesquetarian, etc)
- First Aid Kit, with Oxigen ballon.
- Extra expense if you want to buy things along the trail
- Extra expense if you want to buy things along the trail
- Entrance fees to Waynapicchu Mountain or Montaña Machupicchu. (it has an extra cost of 70 dollars per person)
- Sleeping bags (you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional one, which can support until -15 °C or 5 °F)
- Walking sticks ( you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional black diamond pair)
- Mineral water (you can buy bottle of mineral water in some campsites)
- Break fast and last lunch and dinner.
- Bus up and down from Aguas Calientes to Machu Pichu ( Round trip bus cost 24 dollars but just one way cost 12 dollars)
- Upgrade your Turistic Train to a Luxury Vistadome Train to Ollantaytambo (70 $)
- Tips for the team ( Is not obligatory but if you wish to do it, it will be welcome)
You Need to Bring
YOU NEED TO BRING
- Original Passport
- Student Card
- Travel Insurance card (you have to le tus know the name of your Travel Insurance company and you travel Insurance number
- Day Pack
- Rain coat or Rain Poncho
- Cold Clothes (For the first day)
- Waterproof hiking shoes
- Bottle of Water
- Flash Light
- Toilet Paper
- Sun Block
- Sun Glasses
- Caps or Hats
- Gloves (for the first and second day)
- Insect Repellent (50% DEET Recommended)
- Sleeping Bags
- Walking sticks
- Rain Pants
- Medicines for Personal Use
- Personal use stuff (Face moisturizer, Handsanitizer, Toothbrush and paste,etc)
- Water Purifying Tablets
- Camera with extra bateries
- Extra money, especially in soles, to buy extra necessities during the trail, also to tip the team.
CONSIDERATIONS: Most of items mentioned above you can put them in your daypack, the lees you put in your daypack will be much better to enjoy the trail very much.
OUR FIXED PRICES 2018 – 2019 IN A SHARING GROUP UP TO 10 PEOPLE
|2 people group||US$ 500.00 per person|
|3 people group||US$ 480.00 per person|
|4 people group||US$ 460.00 per person|
|5 people to more||US$ 420.00 per person|
OUR FIXED PRICES 2018- 2019 IN PRIVATE GROUP ONLY FOR YOU AND YOUR PARTY
|2 people group||US$ 600.00 per person|
|3 people group||US$ 580.00 per person|
|4 people group||US$ 560.00 per person|
|5 people to more||US$ 540.00 per person|
Terms and Conditions
ANDEAN HIKERS PERU TERMS & CONDITIONS
– CUSTOMERS: Dear passenger, we all in Andean Hikers Peru are very happy for chosen us to be part of your experience discovering Peru with us and according to Peruvian travel regulations, when booking a tour or trek with Andean Hikers Peru. You automatically adhere to these regulations which may differ a little from your country of origin, but we as a 100% local company based in Cusco Peru we try to give you the best service possible and continuously improving in each our tours. Please read carefully the terms and conditions of this document described below.
1) ABOUT RESERVATIONS:
Please to have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Andean Hikers Peru, you need to fill out the booking form of the tour, trek or program you wish to book, with all the personal informations of all the participants that will form your Group, Including the following informations: Full name as it appears on your Passport, (nicknames are not accepted) Passport number,(if you change your Passport number after booking a tour please le tus know), age, nationality, pone number, gender, email, feeding. Flight dates, time to arrival in Cusco or other city that covers the reserved tour, allergies, medical restrictions, or anything else you think necessary that we should know.
2) ABOUT DEPOSITS
Please to have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Andean Hikers Peru, you need to send us a deposit as follows:
– For any Alternative Trek = 200 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu = 200 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain = 270 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Amazon Jungle Trip = 200 $ american dollars per person
– For any Peru Package = 40 % of the total Price of the Package.
– For any other tour = 200 $ american dollars per person.
Note: All deposits to formalize a tour, trek or a program are not refundable or transferable to another person.
3) ABOUT PAYMENT METHODS
Andean Hikers Peru offer 3 payment methods to make your deposit or to pay the balance of the total Price of the tour, trek or program booked,
– Paypal; you need to add 10 % of the total amoung paid. through this method you can use all credits and debit cards. Remember using this method it takes 10 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
– Visa; you need to Click on our Visa link and follow the steps and you need to add 6 % of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit Visa cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 03 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account
– Wester Union Money Transfer; you can use this method if you want to save time and if you want to act as son as possible to have a tour, trek or program very well booked, this method is recomendable when booking the Inca Trail due spaces for this are sold very fast, WU. Has rates for sending money abroad the rates depend on the country from which you are sending the money. Remember to send a deposit through WU. You need to send it under the name of a person, please contact us if you want to use this payment method to send your deposit.
4) ABOUT THE FINAL PAYMENT
You can do your final payment, 15 days before your starting date of your tour, trek or program, you can use one of the 3 payment methods described above, also you can pay your final payment 5 days before your starting date here in Cusco, it can be in cash, credit or debit cards.
Note: Once you paid the final payment of the total Price, if for some reason you decide to cancel you tour, trek or program, you will only be refunded 50 % of the final payment.
5) ABOUT CANCELLATIONS
At any time, the customer / buyer may cancel the services requested or contracted, without the right to any refund of the deposit made. The customer only has the right to reimbursement of 50 percent if he made the final payment of the total price. According to our experience a certain percentage of reservations are canceled by the client before starting the program due to unforeseen circumstances. The penalties for cancellations is detailed below.
For the Inca Trail: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will haveto pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail based in 2 people is 650 $ per person, so the 60% = 390 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 390 $ – 200 = 190 $
For Alternative Treks: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any alternative trek, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the cost for the Salkantay Trek based in 2 people is 450 $ per person, so the 50% = 225 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ the penalty will be 225 $ – 150 = 75 $
For Peru Packages: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any Peru Package, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example if some Peru Package based in 2 people cost 1500 $ per person, so the 50% = 750 $ if you sent a deposit of 40% of the total price in this case will be 600 $ so the penalty will be 750 $ – 600 = 150 $
For any other Tour or Program: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any other tour or program, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the Machu Picchu by Train 2D/1N based in 2 people cost 480 $ per person, so the 50% = 240 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ so the penalty will be 240 $ – 150 = 90 $
Note: you have until 15 days before the start date of your tour to make any type of cancellation mentioned above. after 15 days if you wish to make any type of cancellation of your tour you will have to pay the total price of the tour, trek or program booked.
6) ABOUT FORCE MAJEURE We will retain the full amount and we are not responsible for failure to submit the customer on account of delay or cancellation of your flight. The company is not liable for damage to or loss of luggage, accidents, unforeseen expenses, and unavoidable delays, services provided by third parties or direct causes beyond our control. In the unfortunate event of no show due to unforeseen reasons, the company will provide a certificate to the client for processing with your insurance company. This is any event that Andean Hikers Peru cannot, even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Andean Hikers Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
7) ABOUT RISKS By booking any of our tour, trek or program (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Ausangate Trek, Choquequirao Trek, Lares Trek, Manu Jungle Trips and more) you assume the risks associated with these tours, treks or programs, Andean Hikers Peru Company accepts no responsibility associated with the risks that these tours, walks or programs may have. (Accidents, strikes, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others) in addition, Andean Hikers Peru we exonerate ourselves from liability in relation to legal matters or other inconveniences in which the Custoomer may be involved, as well as personal expenses incurred by the passenger for this cause.
8) ABOUT PRICES AND RATES
All prices and rates presented to the customer / buyer in our website are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notice. Restrictions and conditions apply for each tariff published according to its validity.
9) ABOUT CUSTOMER RESPONSABILITY
Responsibilities and demonstrations of the Custoomer: a) Verify that your passport has a minimum validity required for your trip according to the country of destination. b) The Customer declares that he has no restriction on leaving the country for criminal offenses, as provided in Peruvians Laws. c) declare to have been informed and to have received, understood and accepted all the Terms, conditions and restrictions on services and products provided by andean hikers peru. d) Accept in full these terms and conditions.
10) ABOUT ANDEAN HIKERS PERU RESPONSABILITY
Andean Hikers Peru are responsible for complying with everything offered in our tours, treks, programs and tourist packages, described on our website, in addition to giving all the information required by the client. In case of force majeure, Andean Hikers Peru, will do everything in our power to help their clients to solve any inconvenience.
11) ABOUT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Andean hikers Peru, reserves the right to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.